The installation of a new pool is a tedious process. Once the homeowner decides on the type of pool they want and the location of the pool, the project begins.
- Step one: Homeowner selects pool type and location
- Step two: Contracts are signed and sub-contractors are selected
- Step three: Permit applications are submitted
- Step four: Permits are granted
- Step five: The pool excavation begins (the dig)
- Step six: Pool construction begins:
• Pool walls are constructed
• Pool collar is poured
• Pool plumbing is installed
• Pool equipment is installed and connected to plumbing
- Step seven: Required inspections take place, and upon approval, construction continues.
- Step eight: Pool floor is constructed
- Step nine: Pool liner is installed
- Step ten: Water is added
- Step eleven: Pool runs!
- Step twelve: The final step is the installation of pool decking around the pool and the waterfall (when selected).
The length of time required to construct a new pool varies based on the type of pool and the completion of inspections. In most cases, the delays are caused by the inspection process.